Team Legend Archlord Game Index du Forum

YAHomeownerT: Non-FEMA flood insurance - suggestions, help?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Team Legend Archlord Game Index du Forum -> Guilde Legendes Accès Général -> Guilde Legendes » Taverne
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Shannon
Floodeurs
Floodeurs

MessagePosté le: Ven 18 Mai - 04:23 (2018)    Sujet du message: YAHomeownerT: Non-FEMA flood insurance - suggestions, help? Répondre en citant

Hi,

So, trouble in cottage-ville. I hate to assign blame, but hey - it's fun to hate. So right now, we're hating on the listing agent - he sold us a house that legitimately could never have affordable flood insurance, and he never told us why... exactly. BIG disclosure issue.
Then we're hating on the NFIP, who issued us a flood insurance policy after US telling them there *had* to be some issue, to dig deep, and be very very very very certain there were no issues because we were *buying a house* based on our ability to get that policy and we were aware of basic compliance issues. So now, 3 months after getting the house; 5 months after the initial quote, with their 30-day-prior-to-sale application window satisfied, they finally 'found' data that made us ineligible for insurance. Stab.
So, we're apparently on the 1316 List, which means we're fucked when it comes to getting flood insurance under thousands of dollars. No way to contest it. We're not even technically a huge FEMA risk, but the community is allowed to determine who they want on the list, and they have a minimum standard higher than FEMA themselves.
So I appeal to the Ars community - any homeowners, or underwriters, or flood community participants out there who may have a lead on semi-affordable flood insurance outside of the NFIP and FEMA - not excess insurance specifically, but standalone house flood coverage for high-risk properties. Sigh. Quotes we've heard so far: $7,800 and possibly $5,000+.
It's either this, or we will be spending a whole bunch to rip the house apart and reduce the value of the house plus its vacation rental value, OR we'll have to sell it.
I cry now. Okay, I've been gnashing my teeth a couple of weeks, but I figured you guys may have been wondering why I'm not on Ars that much anymore, and this is what's been occupying my total life since we got the insurance notice.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=352623
Bitcoin Trading Examples

Thank you.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 18 Mai - 04:23 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Team Legend Archlord Game Index du Forum -> Guilde Legendes Accès Général -> Guilde Legendes » Taverne Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation